Containers are a solution to the issue of the way to get software to run reliably when moved from one computing environment to a different environment.
1. Can easily deploy and design distributed applications or build smaller service.
2. More Efficiency-every container allows applications to be scaled, patched and deployed more rapidly.
3. Increased Portability
4. Containers are very less weight(Some-megabytes)
5. Consistent Operations
1. Not Suitable for every task
2. Limited Tool
Virtual development enables you to run multiple Operating Systems(OS) in the hardware of one physical server.
1. Hardware, OS Independent and Uses Hardware Efficiently
2. Run Multiple OS simultaneously
3. Available at All the times
4. Cost Savings
5. Recovery is easy
6. Quick and Easy Setup
7. System Security
1. Less Efficient and slow down the usability
2. Data can be at Risk
3. Quick Scalability is a challenge
4. Limited direct access to Hardware
– Content by Naga Chandrika Yalla